FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Start Your Engines: Anchor on the line of a clock that tells the time that is running out on you

Start Your Engines

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Anchor on the line of a clock that tells the time that is running out on you

Its been awhile. Sorry.

Meg and Brain's wedding was fantastic. Some of the highlights were Stephanie falling down the stairs at Brinkerhoff; the dress being late (yes, through personification, it sounds as though it got itself stuck in traffic); I broke out in hives; almost got Brian's ring stuck on MY finger; Meg spilled her cocktail down the front of my dress; said cocktail turned my feet bright pink because my shoes were dyed; felt like a cutie in my little fur and black gloves; fun hanging out after the wedding; exhibited self control.

Sorry folks. Its been a couple of weeks, and the memories are a little fuzzy.

Christmas involved making out like a present bandit (thanks, mom); year number two at Third Base under very different circumstances; hanging out with Awesome Cousin; seeing all the cool kids in Springfield.

I worked at the OG on New Years Eve. Afterward, I met everyone at Brian's were we watched South Park and the champagne popped its own cork at midnight because we weren't paying attention. We watched First Night fireworks from his couch. Its been an interesting year. Life has certainly changed rapidly...or is it me making rapid changes?

Shannon and I are loving our country home. It is peaceful and cozy. We turn the stereo up because we can. I still don't feel completely moved in because there are boxes unpacked, but we finally put up my artwork in the living room and hung other decorations. It feels like home. We are planning our first big party this month for the redhead's birthday. Anyone want to come?

The boys bought clay pigeons and have been out shooting a couple of times. Apparently, I am acquiring a shot gun- for protection and getting those waskly pigeons.

Our landlord is great. He dropped off our washer and dryer which was met with a two-girl happy dance as soon as he left. We asked which trash company to call-the trash has taken over our "smoking lounge" (Read: lean-to). He waved his hand and said it was silly to spend $200 a year on garbage. We leave it at the end of the drive and he picks it up and throws it in his Dumpster at work. What a guy!

My guy at the Missouri extension emailed me and said I was still in the running for the advanced photo job, which is good news. I had pretty much tossed in the towel. I guess this also means the writing job is still in existence, too.

Monday night has become my evening to go out. McNally's (the bar where I imbibied waaaay under age, where the rugby team gathered, and where I spent my 19th and 20th birthday with MY MOM) has $1 pints of Killian's on Mondays. I usually meet people from work and Shannon. Its always busy and when Flogging Molly comes on the jukebox, everyone grabs there neighbor, they sway together, spill a little beer and sing at the top of their lungs. Love it.

Things are looking up. The bills are getting paid off. I am finding my "places". I still miss home, but circumstances have changed. Its not the same. I guess its a good lesson to get the most enjoyment at the time, because everything changes and nothing is forever.

Take care, everybody.