FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Start Your Engines: I wish I was special/You're so f@#$ special....

Start Your Engines

Friday, December 02, 2005

I wish I was special/You're so f@#$ special....

State Farm paid me for the rather small scratch on my front bumper and now I can afford a place to live.

Shannon's roommate setup is less than stellar, so she is moving out. We have been on the hunt for a roof over the head for the last few days...and found a jem. We'll move early in the week.

Its a smallish two bedroom with a large eat in kitchen with bay windows (read: Shannon is going to cook for me and I'll have lots-o-room to bake!), pets are allowed for the kitty's sake, washer and dryer and all the rest of the appliances.

Here's the kicker...we live a mile and a half off the beaten path in the country! We have three acres with a creek, propane heat and well water. I'm in love. On our way out to look at it, we kept looking at each other and grinning, because it makes us feel at home.

Our landlord is about 25 years old and stammered and grinned when I asked if we could pay our deposit incrimentally if I payed interest in baked goods.

Our back yard is a pretty decent hill for sledding.

There are cows in the pasture across the road.

It will be our sanctuary...and great party place. I cannot wait.

I'll post pictures soon.