FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Start Your Engines: Paperback writer

Start Your Engines

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Paperback writer

I forgot that I was going to start blogging the books I read. Here's the update.

The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
Character development was really good, but I found the story a little predictable. It was kind of comforting...like eating a piece of chocolate.

Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
I like historically fiction and fell in love with this book. The detail was out of this world. No, I have not seen the movie.

Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris
I feel guilty this is the only book of his I have read to date. I will seek out the others, as his fluid storytelling makes me feel more at home with my crazy family.

God Bless You, Dr. Kevorkian by Kurt Vonegut
Literally, out of this world. Quick, easy, dark read. I highly recommend.

Slaughter House Five by Kurt Vonegut
I was not forced to read this in high school, and maybe that's why I enjoyed it. Again, historical. Vonegut is quickly becoming my favorite.

Meliss- any suggestions?