FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Start Your Engines: If you're the death of me darling, I wanna die

Start Your Engines

Sunday, July 16, 2006

If you're the death of me darling, I wanna die

Not a very exciting weekend.

I worked Saturday lunch. I went back at dinner and realized I had already worked 37.35 hours. I brought it to the managers attention and he FREAKED. So I got to work in the kitchen for two hours and go home. It was kind of fun not worrying about customers and mock yelling back and forth with my Tio.

I went to my house, changed and went to Gus' for dinner with Liam. I had tasty spanakopita and veggies and baklava for dinner. Its not nearly as good as Chicago Style's, though.

When we were getting ready to leave, Liam pulled out of our parking spot first and headed to the alley. I was taking my time and a guy jetted from the door and ran right past me with employees trailing. Liam saw this, jumped off his motorcycle and chased the guy for about a mile through the ghetto, backyards, under clotheslines, etc. In the end, he lost the guy (who was much smaller)and the police couldn't find him, even with a canine unit. However, its the most police I've seen come running with the tires squealing for $20 in tip money. He's a little bit of a hero and Gus owes him a meal.

Today, I bought a grater and hand mixer and made carrot cake from scratch. Thanks for the recipe, Rach. I burned out the motor on the mixer making the cream cheese frosting, though. I made the boys one and took half of another to Bruce and the other have to Brian. Its kind of fun having lots of people to bake for who appreciate it.

Tomorrow morning, work as usual. I have started to get peeved with others that think "bartending" at the Olive Garden makes you cool. "Oh, I'm a BARTENDER..." Yeah, no you're not. You know how to use an Island Oasis machine, you make chocolate milk for kids and you think 3/4 of a shot of vermouth is correct for a martini. Bartending at a chain restaurant is not bartending. Get over yourselves.