FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Start Your Engines: This hit home...

Start Your Engines

Saturday, January 13, 2007

This hit home...

Well she was precious like a flower

She grew wild, wild but innocent

A perfect prayer in a desperate hour

She was everything beautiful and different

Stupid boy…you can't fence that in

Stupid boy…it's like holdin' back the wind

She laid her heart and soul right in your hands

And you stole her every dream and you crushed her plans

She never even knew she had a choice

And that's what happens when the only voice

She hears is telling her she can't

Stupid boy

Stupid boy

So what made you think you could take a life

And just push it, push it around

I guess to build yourself up so high

You had to take her and break her down

You always had to be right

And now you lost the only thing that ever made you feel alive

Oh I'm the same old, same old stupid boy

It took awhile for her to figure out she could run

But when she did, she was long gone, long gone

Its interesting...I find myself trying to explain why I react the way I do. I was always waiting for the bottom to fall out, the explosion to happen. I'm slowly learning that everyone is not as volatile, and its not necessary to explain my every neurosis. It has simply compounded into who I am, and sometimes a little mystery as to the "why" is half the charm.

In other news, roller derby is progressing swimmingly. Twenty-four girls involved already. In the next couple months a fundraiser will be announced. I'll keep you all posted. Check it out on myspace. The link is on my friends list. My handle has also been changed to my roller derby name as it stands.

Its sleeting in Mid-Mo. What happened to spring in January?