FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Start Your Engines: We just stood there getting wet with our backs against the fence

Start Your Engines

Thursday, June 30, 2005

We just stood there getting wet with our backs against the fence

The garden hose reel bit me yesterday when I was trying to role it up. I hate being gimpy and trying to waitress. All water, pressure, etc. hurts the inch long gauge of meat gone from my fumb (that's "pouty Jessie" for thumb).

Baby did get hand washed and waxed yesterday, though. I spent half the time sitting on the hot payment scrubbing my wheels, drying and waxing a quarter panel at a time. The other half was spent standing in the middle of the driveway, beer in coozie, coozie in hand while I sprayed the hose on my legs. God? Are you listening? Turn the heat down, please?

And then it rained.

My prayer was answered, and my car was water-spotted.

I spent the rest of the evening at Kirsten's place where I drank a bottle of wine and had girl time with her and Lori. Its nice to be back to having some estrogen in my life. For some reason, I gravitate toward men for friends. While they are great, honest, protective and down right fun, a little lady chat never hurt me.

Tonight was a lucrative night at the bar. Thank God. The first month of rent is due next week, I am out of contacts and the motor in my driver side window is kicking the bucket. Fantastic.

Visit me at work tomorrow. I will be surrounded by reprobates.