FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Start Your Engines: On the road again, or rather, not.

Start Your Engines

Thursday, February 10, 2005

On the road again, or rather, not.

Hi pals and gals....I know its been awhile. Poor poor blog; how I have neglected you.

Unfortunately, this post will be brief. I want to do a long and involved entry about my trip with pictures, but that requires me being at home with the scanner. Prod me and I might get around to it.

Who is going out with me tonight? Its Thursday, Posamist is playing and I don't have to work! I might be making something good for dinner. Call me if you want to come over and eat.

On a good note, I just polished off an entire pot of coffee. Most of you have seen me drunk. Has anyone seen my caffienated out of my mind? Today's your chance. Don't pass it up.

The ex called me last night and did not leave a message. I called him back after work last night, left a message saying "returning your call. call me if something is up." We played phone tag more today. Finally, he picked up the last time I called. It was the most awkward conversation. Apparently, someone had called his phone with a blocked phone number, he somehow found out it was a 217 area code and thought it was me. It wasn't. He asked how I was; I did the same. There were lots of weird, long silences. When I hung up I was in tears and felt like the conversation had taken an hour. In reality, it was all of about three minutes. Its amazing the impact someone can have, even if you turned them down. It makes you feel guilty, because you have no right to feel that way.

Anyway, someone come have a drink with me tonight. I will bribe you with Mardi Gras beads and Jack is starting to taste good again.