FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Start Your Engines: Calling from a gas station pay phone, tell you the first thing I wanna do when I get home

Start Your Engines

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Calling from a gas station pay phone, tell you the first thing I wanna do when I get home

So kids, its been a while. Sorry. My life is uneventful.

Last night was a strange dynamic. Kirsten had game night at her apartment. Her 26-year-old brother was there. My 16-year-old sister was there. The gap in ages almost hurt. Still, we had fun playing Mad Gab. It only took us 20 minutes to figure out how to play it. Yes, we had the instructions. You'll all be happy to know that Kir's kitty has calmed substantially. He didn't get himself stuck between the glass top and the metal legs of her coffee table. However, he did sit under the table and try to reach an ink pin through the glass. I said he calmed, not grew wiser.

Why am I up at 9 am, you ask? Greg and mom went out of town for two days. Therefore, I watch the business, the house and my sister. Why do people work during the day. I think the sunlight is burning my retinas. I went to bed by one a.m. I was up at 7:45. My body is thoroughly confused. I am not a "day" person.

One of the luxuries of being at the office by myself is I turn the heat up all the way, so even my feet are warm. My feet are never warm. My legs are too long.

Greg is out of coffee which is pissing me off AND I forgot my hot pocket lunch at home. It appears I shall go hungry. I wish Ed was here. Then I would get lunch and a lunch visitor. Alas....

It was weird getting ready for the day at my old house in Chatham. It felt like a flashback-like I should have been going to high school. My sister was running around getting ready, and I was almost jealous. She seemed pretty chipper, and she kind of giggled when I stomped downstairs, hair affright. Something about it was so innocent in the fact that she has so many cool experiences ahead of her in the next 5 years. Then I woke up and smacked myself. Why would I want to go back to high school. I would morf back into braces, geeky glasses and no dates. Ugh. Oh right. And no bars. Really ugh.

Alright. Let's see if I can motivate myself back into studying for the GRE. Riiiight.